Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Nice Mix of Cakes this Week.

After the relaxing holiday, I am straight back into baking and decorating. This week was made up of three very different cakes. Firstly, Lavinia was turning 4 and requested a Barbie cake. It was pink coloured white chocolate mudcake with white chocolate ganache and fondant covering.





The next cake was for a gorgeous little boy, Toby, who was being christened today. This was also white chocolate mudcake with white chocolate ganache and fondant covering. The bib, blocks and stars were hand made from modelling paste.





The final cake for the weekend was for Byron who was turning 5. He requested a motorbike on his birthday cake. I hand made the motorbike plaque from modelling paste, by copying a picture I found on the net. The cake was deep, dark chocolate cake with creamy chocolate buttercream filling and vanilla buttercream covering.





Tomorrow the preparations begin for Lisa and Jerry's wedding cakes and cookies as well as Jessie-Rose' 21 birthday cakes. So another busy week baking and decorating for me.

Enjoy your week.

Mrs KT :)

8 comments:

  1. The cakes are gorgeous as always, I'm particularly impressed with the barbie! I like that you share the details too.. Can't wait to see your Christmas dessert table too..what a great idea. I did something like that last year, on a small scale, but didn't photograph it! Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All fantastic as usual!! So, so clever, loving the barbie especially xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Barbie. So clever to do the dress with all those folds - fantastic. You are just so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome motorbike! The others are great too, but I'm especially loving that bike...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two more wonderful creations MrsK....

    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm speechless... well done, amazing cakes!
    Have a nice week dear!

    Barbaraxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW WOW WOW!! Yet again, your cakes are AMAZING Katena!
    I just showed Ella the Barbie cake & she said "Wow Mummy, it's got magic" hehehehe :))) I think that's her way of saying she LOVES it too!
    Great job Katena!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each one is better than the last ... love them all!!

    ReplyDelete